welcome to in a card's blog...

i know that "cute" is not a word typically used to describe good design, but in my world, it is. if it's your first reaction to say, "aww... how cute!" then it must be just that! "C-U-T-E." and i'm talking about so incredibly, ridiculously cute that the most masculine of men will even say those three words without thinking twice about it.

and so that is what i hope to share with you on my blog...

a combination of really unique ideas, simple thoughts that come randomly into my mind, along with "cute" designs that i've designed or come across.

Monday, March 30, 2009

two peas in a pod

with my niece turning 2 and my nephew being baptized, my sister needed an invitation that merged two celebrations together. this garden inspired party came from the 2 peas in a pod invitation idea i had. these hand cut and handcrafted invitations resembled a pea pod shape, with the two little pea heads (images of my niece and nephew) being taken out to reveal the event information on each backside. the final piece was actually embellished with curly ribbon to represent the curly vines that are usually depicted with pea pods.

pea pod invitation

pea pod invitation

most of the time i get great responses and feedback from women regarding my invitations, but this time i actually had a man, my uncle, say, "it's soooo cute!" now, that is the best reaction ever! when a man can ooh and ahh over an invitation and say how cute it is, that is when you know you did something right.

pea pod invitation

pea pod invitation

my sister and i asked my mom to create a little garden cake and she completely blew us away with this creation. i made little garden signs to label each little area and my mom added little garden tools to give it an even more realistic scene.

garden cake

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the inspiration! I'm creating a garden cake this week and you've given me loads of ideas :)

    ReplyDelete

copyright

© in a card | all rights reserved